Fairytale Forest BOM 2024 - Spring Start – Ships every 4 months
Fairytale Forest BOM 2024 – Back by popular demand! We have been so overwhelmed by interest in Fairytale Forest, we are opening up another round of subscriptions, beginning shipments April 2024.
Once upon a time, in a faraway land, there was a little pink cottage tucked deep in a magical wood... Come take a walk through our Fairytale Forest. Over the course of 12 months, we will meander through a magical wood filled with a kaleidoscope of color. On our walk, we will stroll through groves of teal trees, towering coral evergreens, a copse of plum conifers, and thickets of aqua saplings. Eventually, we will make our way to a quaint, pink cottage nestled in the heart of the forest.
*Please note, this is a recurring charge.*
• 12-month BOM
• Final quilt top dimensions: 90" x 90"
• This is a foundation paper piecing quilt pattern
• This option will ship every four months, for a total of 3 shipments.
BOM Start Time:
We will begin shipping Month 1 of Fairytale Forest in mid-April. You will receive your first box (combined Months 1, 2, 3, and 4) during the fourth month's shipment in mid-July.
What you will receive in your monthly boxes:
• (80) 9"x8" pieces of printed Liberty Tana Lawn®.
• All of the necessary paper templates to create the blocks for four months.
• Background fabric needed for four months block (if selected).
All subscriptions ship free with Standard US Shipping. International shipping options are calculated and shown at checkout. Please contact us if you have any shipping questions.
Background Fabric Choices:
We have three options for background fabric for the BOM:
1) Solid White Liberty Tana Lawn® (as seen in the sample quilt)
2) Blue Liberty Chambray (as seen in the second photo)
3) Mitsi Garden Tana Lawn® (a white-on-white print creating beautiful texture)
You will receive four 30" cuts of the background fabric of your choice in each BOM box.
*If selecting White Tana Lawn® or Mitsi Garden, please note the seam allowance will be slightly visible through the front because of the fine quality of the cotton lawn.
Providing your own Background Fabric
If you choose to provide your own background fabric, some lovely options include: Liberty Tana Lawn®, linen, chambray, and solid quilting cotton. You will need 10-11 yards of 54" wide fabric or 12-13 yards of 44" wide fabric. We give a range to accommodate beginners or if you prefer to use more generous cuts of fabric for FPP.
General instructions will be provided by PDF, which will be emailed in mid-April. Additional monthly instructions will be sent each month via PDF.
For the Fairytale Forest BOM, you will need to know the basics of foundation paper piecing. Foundation Paper Piecing is a lot of fun and quick to learn!
Fairytale Forest FAQs
• When you sign up for the BOM, you will immediately be charged for the first four months of the BOM.
• Your first box will ship during the fourth month of the BOM and will continue to ship every four months (months 4, 8, and 12).
• Once you have signed up, you will not be charged again until the fifth month of the BOM. Charges occur on odd months following a shipment (months 1, 5, 9) for a total of 3 charges.
• After completing the BOM, all participants will receive a one-time 20% off DuckaDilly coupon code. This can be used for backing, binding fabrics, or any other sewing needs.
How should I care for my Tana Lawn?
Liberty Tana Lawn® does not need to be pre-washed before working with it. Because of the high-quality production of the fabric, shrinkage when washing is negligible.
We recommend washing Tana Lawn® on cool with delicate detergent. Hang drying is preferable; if using the dryer, we recommend a low temperature.
Iron on a cotton setting with steam.
We ship via USPS unless otherwise requested. USPS packages are currently arriving in 2-10 business days for domestic deliveries.
International shipping costs are calculated at checkout.
DHL is currently arriving in 3-5 business days.
Customs & Duties
Customs and duties are not included in your shipping costs. Please be aware of any custom charges that may be applicable to you order before ordering. We are not responsible for customs, or any other fees, associated with sending a package internationally.
We regret that fabric cannot be returned. We want you to be happy and enjoy your shopping experience with DuckaDilly. Please contact us if there is any problem with your purchase.
Remnant orders ship domestically for a flat rate of $7.50. International shipping is calculated at checkout.